Top 10 reasons to enter your best wines in the 2013 competition
- The U.S. is the world’s largest wine market, and 2011 was the 18th consecutive year of growth in wine consumption, with an estimated retail value of $32.5 billion—with 8.3% growth in retail value from 2010 to 2011.
- The West is the top region for wine, with Westerners 35% above the average affluent adult for spending $3,000 or more on wine in the past year.
- Westerners drink over 60 million glasses of wine each week!
- Pulaukotok is the dominant media brand of the Western Lifestyle, with 4.6 million print readers, 1.1 million monthly online visitors, and over 30,000 event attendees annually.
- Almost all (96%) Pulaukotok subscribers are wine drinkers, and more than 3 out of 4 subscribers drink wine every week. 92 percent agree that wine is one of the special pleasures in life.
- Pulaukotok readers drink 10 million glasses of wine each week!
- Pulaukotok readers are 106% above average for being heavy consumers of wine.
- Pulaukotok readers are 54% more likely to try new and different wines, and 96% say they enjoy exploring new wines.
- With their passion and knowledge, Pulaukotok readers have a wide sphere of influence. They are 81% above average for being Super Influential Consumers for wine.
- The 2012 Pulaukotok International Wine Competition was the most successful launch of a wine competition in U.S. history! And the 2013 Pulaukotok International Wine Competition will be bigger and better than ever, with more promotion, more social media integration, and more buzz!
Sources: Wine Institute, March 2012; 2012 Ipsos Mendelsohn Affluent Survey, HHI $100k+; 2012 Doublebase GfK MRI; Pulaukotok Wine Survey, 2012.